Now that we have covered the seven PROs of the iPhone SE, lets take some time to discuss seven CONs of the iPhone SE.
It is Apple after all, and nothing is every perfect in the land of Cupertino.
- It looks identical to the iPhone 5s. The design is definitely beautiful but it is now technically 4 years old.
A lot of people would definitely consider buying an iPhone SE from Apple which offers similar features as the iPhone 6s but have been turned away when it looked exactly the same as the phone they had or saw 4 years ago.
- It has a 4-inch screen. We have all grown accustom to at least 4.7 inches now, with the majority of smartphones coming in around 5.1 and above.
Going down to the iPhone SE means a lot of screen real-estate to be left behind.This would be hard for some people considering a lower end iPhone, but the main intention of this device is to cater for people wanting a smaller sized phone.
- It does not have features found on the iPhone 6s, which was released nearly a year ago. It is obvious that one cannot expect the device to have all of iPhone 6s features but there are basics like ram, higher resolution display, force touch and even the updated touch ID, which would have made the SE stand out.
- The front camera is the now-outdated 1.2-megapixel camera found on the iPhone 5s. They work perfectly fine, but compared to the 5-megapixel and higher found in most smartphones today, even at a similar price point, it is hard to live by for people who Facetime a lot.
- It opens up the door for competitive analysis. Here’s the thing, if you want an iPhone, you go out and buy the iPhone 6s or 6s Plus, but when you are considering a cheaper alternative, it could open your mind to offerings from the Android side of the world and there, $399 can actually buy you a lot of value.
Doing some math, $400 gets you a lot of Android specifications from some manufacturers and is just $150 away from Samsung’s flagship Note 5 as it has come down in price over the past few months.
- It is boring, and no one of your friends will get excited to see it, because they have already.I buy devices for me, for myself, thus a male guy buying a Rose Gold iPhone SE, but a lot of people sadly buy devices and upgrade every year to show them off to their friends, family and co-workers.
The iPhone SE has no real appeal there, it looks just like the iPhone 5s and if you have to explain why your device is special, they have stopped listening already.
Do you have more reasons why the iPhone SE isn’t great? Share them below!