Since the moment Apple announced the iPhone SE, there has been a lot of debate on whether this was a smart move by Apple to satisfy a demand or if they were expanding their business horizontally to win over people with smaller budgets. On the more fun side, many people think they had a lot of iPhone 5s housings laying around.
I got my hands on a lovely iPhone SE, 64 GB in Rose Gold and in this post, I am going to share 7 iPhone SE Pros.
- Let’s talk about the elephant in the room, it is pink. But it is actually a very nice colour and this was not a “everything else is sold out” kind of situation, I actually opted for it.They are offering the phone in Silver, Gold and Space Grey, but without a doubt the Rose Gold stands out, and also uniquely identifies it as an iPhone SE.
- Now that we covered the color, let’s talk about the size. It is identical to the iPhone 5s, which may not be a good thing for many, but I actually loved the iPhone 5’s size, and feel.It fits great, everywhere, every time. The 4-inch display is covered in the typical Apple metal and glass body that is soft to touch, light and elegant.Tech Spec: 4-inch LED-backlight Multi-touch display – Dimensions of 4.87 x 2.31 x 0.3 inches
- Updated internal hardware + bigger and brighter screens with a higher resolution = no improvement in battery life.On the iPhone SE, they updated the internal hardware to the latest and most efficient processors from the iPhone 6s but the screen remained the same as the one on the iPhone 5s, which lead to a significant increase in battery life. It is not just about battery life, the iPhone SE is as powerful as the iPhone 6s, just with 2 gb ram.Tech Spec: A9 chip with a 64-bit architecture with an embedded M9 motion coprocessor
- Say Cheeeese! The iPhone SE has the same camera as on the iPhone 6s, which is a brilliant 12 megapixel shooter.Comparing it to the iPhone 6s side by side shows that the SE might be slightly slower, but offers near identical image qualityTech Spec: 12-megapixel iSight camera, Live Photos, Autofocus with Focus Pixel, True Tone flash, Panorama (up to 63 megapixels), Auto HDR, Exposure control, f/2.2 aperture, Hybrid IR filter, Backside illumination sensor, Sapphire crystal lens cover, Auto image stabilization
4K video recording (3840 by 2160) at 30 fps, 1080p HD video recording at 30 fps or 60 fps, 720p HD video recording at 30 fps and Slo‑mo video support for 1080p at 120 fps and 720p at 240 fps
- Any iPhone 5 or iPhone 5s accessory will work straight out of the box. The form factor is identical, which means there are already thousands of accessories available from cables, stands, cases, skins and battery packs available from day one.Tech Spec: The differences between the iPhone 5s and the SE are fairy limited to the edges of the phone being matte instead of polished, the Apple logo being a glossy metal piece instead of being painted on the phone and the SE badges.
- It is a discounted iPhone 6s. Having near identical internals and rear camera, the iPhone SE would be suitable for people who need the latest performance but not all the glamor and features of the 6s.Tech Spec: The iPhone SE costs $399 for the 16 gb model, while the 64 gb model costs $499. In comparison, the iPhone 6s costs $649 for the 16 gb model, $749 for the 64 gb model, and there is also a 128 gb model that costs $849.
- It has everything you really need in an iPhone. It may not have all the gimmicks you would play with and never use again like on the iPhone 6s, but it has every single feature you would need to use regularly.Tech Spec: Touch ID, 12-megapixel iSight camera, 4K Video recording, 4-inch retina display, Apple pay, LTE, Air drop, Siri, and more.
Do you have more reasons why the iPhone SE is a kick-ass phone? Share them below!